Class 5 License Car Driving Lessons Calgary
Experienced Car Instructors
Latest model cars for training
Class 5 License Training Calgary
At Globe Driving School, patient, calm, and clear instruction is delivered by certified licensed driving instructors.
Eligibility for Class 5 Driver Training:
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Must have parental consent to complete driver training if under 18 years of age
- Must hold a valid Class 7 Alberta Learner’s Permit or the equivalent from another Canadian province or territory
Obtaining a Class 5 driver’s license allows you to operate a single-motor, 2 axle vehicle, motorhome (without air brakes), tow a trailer with one or more axles, drive mopeds, and other recreational vehicles on your own.
Globe Driving School, the best driving school in Calgary, is proud to offer students the Alberta Insurance Reduction Program!
This includes 10 hours of in-car, 1 on 1 driver training with a licensed instructor and 15 hours of classroom theory training
This program is value-add for many reasons, not just for driver training!
- One on one instruction helps prepare students for their road test so that they feel confident, knowledgeable, and relaxed behind the wheel
- Upon completion of the program, students may receive anywhere from a 20 to 40% reduction on their auto insurance premiums!
- We have multiple options for training and will do our best to accommodate your personal schedule.
- In-car training is typically booked in 2 hour blocks. Free pick-up and drop-off if you reside within the city limits or in Chestermere
- Online option for classroom training provided by a third-party organization
- Brush up hours offered for those looking for a bit more time in the vehicle with an instructor
Insurance Reduction Certificate Program: $575.00 plus GST
Online Classroom Option: extra fee of $60.00
Brush-up Instruction: $60.00 per hour, minimum 2 hours
Car Rental for Class 5 Road Test:
$85.00 for basic road test (duration approximately 30 minutes)
$125.00 for advanced road test (duration approximately 60 minutes)
Please give us a call at 587-968-1616 or visit our office in Shepard Business Park SE Calgary, near the intersection of Stoney Trail and Glenmore Trail to register for your driver training today!
FAQ – What is the difference between a Class 5 Graduated Driver’s License (GDL) and a full Class 5 License?
With a Graduated Driver’s License (GDL), you must obey certain driving restrictions, including:
- you cannot drive with more people than there are seat belts in your vehicle
- a GDL license will be suspended at 8 demerit points
- blood alcohol level of the driver must be 0%
- Class 1, 2, 3, or 4 license upgrades are not allowed
- a GDL driver cannot be the accompanying driver to a learner
When you upgrade to a full Class 5 driver’s license, these restrictions are removed. In order to upgrade, you must:
- drive for two years with a Class 5 GDL with no suspensions in the last year
- be at least 18 years of age
- take a Class 5 advanced road test through an Alberta Registry agent
The experienced instructors at Globe can help improve your driving skill set no matter how little or how long you have been driving.